We realize that orthodontic treatment is both a personal and financial investment. Dr. Ronald S. Fenn and Dr. Kirsten M. Fenn seek to provide the best orthodontic care at an affordable cost. We accept Visa and MasterCard credit cards, and offer the following financing options:
In-office Financing: We offer affordable, interest-free payment plans.
Third-Party Financing: Upon approval, you may cover treatment costs through CareCredit financing. CareCredit offers a full range of payment plans to meet every need. You may apply from the CareCredit® website.
While insurance coverage can be beneficial, insurance policies can be difficult to understand.
How does orthodontic insurance work?
Insurance carriers offer several different agreements to subscribers. Each contract provides a different benefit. If your insurance covers orthodontic treatment, you will receive the benefit of reduced personal costs. Many insurance policies have a lifetime maximum orthodontic benefit that is distinct from regular dental insurance. Your orthodontic benefit may be paid as a percentage of the entire orthodontic fee, which covers diagnostic records, the initial fee, monthly payments, etc. This percentage is paid until the benefit maximum has been reached. Unfortunately, appliance repair and/or replacement fees may not be covered by insurance.
How do we assist you with insurance?
We offer affordable, interest-free payment plans and third party financing through CareCredit. Our practice is a preferred provider for most insurance companies. Prior to treatment, we will review your policy to determine the appropriate course of action. Once treatment has started, we will file your claims. Please remember, your orthodontic insurance is a benefit for you or your child. Our primary financial relationship is with you; not your insurance company. Any charges not paid by your insurance becomes your responsibility.
- Know your benefits. Prior to treatment, contact your insurance company to find out what costs you can expect to be paid, as well as when they will pay. Our financial coordinator can also verify your coverage.
- If you want us to file your claims, please provide the name of the insurance company, the address and telephone number.
- We will be glad to receive payments from your insurance carrier. We will apply the payments to your account.
- If the insurance company requests that we verify your continuing treatment or sends a form for verification, we will be glad to submit this information on your behalf.
- For Flex accounts, you may use a copy of your cancelled check or payment receipt, which we will provide.
- Your financial contract contains the complete cost for treatment, minus the estimated amount your insurance is expected to cover. If your insurance carrier fails to pay their portion, for any reason, the balance is your responsibility.